Sunday, July 15, 2012

The Photo-to-Canvas Era

Like most couples, Bridget and I love Groupon. Or LivingSocial. Or Gilt. Or whatever the hell new one just came out 40 seconds ago. These online coupons provide us with great deals to new restaurants, innovative (and sometimes stupid) products, and vacations. What's not to love, right?

Well, to Bridget's chagrin, these online coupons also love to offer photo-to-canvas deals. And for whatever reason, I absolutely love them.

What is a photo-to-canvas deal? It's simple, really. You pay a set amount (usually $40-$50), send in one of your favorite photos, and get a fantastic piece of wall art a couple weeks later. I think it's fantastic, anyway. And as you can see from this picture, I sort of went on a bender recently:


In order, from left to right, that's Cape Cod, California, and Maine. Also, there's two more in the bedroom.

So, to say I like these things is an understatement. On a related note, to say I don't know the first thing about design or interior decoration is an understatement. I know way, way less than the first thing. If it were up to me, we'd paint the walls Syracuse orange, hang up sports jerseys and pennants, and put collapsible basketball hoops on every door. (So many dunks!)

But it's not up to me. Mostly, it's up to her because I don't really care all that much -- so long as we don't have pink things everywhere. And to further get across the point that it's not up to me, I was recently given a stern talking to by Mrs. Briddon: "Okay, hun. That's enough. We're done with these canvas things."

The nerve, right? Right? And that's why I've taken this picture and written this post. Who knows how long the wall will look like it does above? (My guess is not all that long ...) But I'll always have a record of it -- and fond memories of the Photo-to-Canvas Era.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know Mike at $40-$50 bucks a pop,I think you should see Bridget's posting below on the cost of raising a child. Enough already! :)

    ReplyDelete