Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Bangs


SO...I got bangs today. 

I think, maybe, I have been watching too many episodes of New Girl (you should check it out. It is really entertaining). Or perhaps I was just succumbing to the inevitable post-wedding-drastic-haircut cliche. But all I know is that I sat down in the hairdresser's chair expecting a trim, and I walked out with a full set of bangs. The rest is a bit of a blur. 

I think I may have said some cavalier things. There is a slight possibility I threw back my head, laughed heartily, and said something to the effect of, "Do whatever you want! It's just hair. It will grow back!! Hahahaha!!"

Now, don't get me wrong, I rocked bangs HARD until the age of 10. Back then I liked to give my bangs a bit of a curl, but leave the rest of my hair straight, and then tight roll my jeans. But as a grown woman of 30, the jury is still out on banged Bridget. It's definitely not good. I'm not currently what you would call "adorkable". It is also a bit disconcerting to have all this hair on my forehead. 

The lovely thing is that Mike really contained himself upon seeing The Bangs for the first time. Sure, there was the distinct look of fear in his eyes, but he didn't recoil. He even claimed to like the new, banged, me. I even pretended to believe him. 

I guess that is one of the wonderful things about marriage. I know that that Mike will love me in good times and in bangs. 




1 comment:

  1. Bridget,
    I can't stand hair in my eyes so I could never go that way, but I bet you look great in bangs!

    ReplyDelete